Our bootcamp workouts burn a ton of calories and get your metabolism in high gear, BUT remember…”you can’t out train a poor diet!” Follow these guidelines to eating healthy and getting the strong and fit body you want!
For a “clean diet” follow the following guidelines:
1. Keep your snacks raw, ie. Nuts, fruit, veggies.-dairy snacks also a good choice (low fat milk, low fat cottage cheese, greek yogurt-non fat)
2. Get a wide variety of veggies and fruit as well as protein, healthy fat (omega 3) found in avocado, nuts, fish, flax seed.
3. Stay away from anything refined or any white products….choose whole grain, high fiber bread
4. Stay away from sugary drinks (juice,soda) and drink a lot of water, green tea, and coffee is ok.
5. Watch your sugar intake, choose Truvia (natural sugar substitute)
6. Minimize alcohol consumption (stick to 2 or three drinks on the weekend)
7. Stay away from all trans fat, hydrogenated oil, and high fructose corn syrup….read labels!
If you signed up for class, your exercising regularly,and you’ll want to eat to maintain lean muscle and keep you metabolism high, burning a lot of calories all day.
Here are some tips to get you on your way :
1. Eat 5 or 6 times a day ( about every 3 hours)
2.Make a set schedule (doesn’t have to be rigid) so you’re aware of when and what you’re eating throughout the day (handfuls of mindless snacks add up during the day)
3.Eat protein with every meal…body burns more calories digesting protein than carbs and fat. Protein also helps repair and build muscle after working out.
3.keep snacks between 100-150 calories and meals 300-350cal.
Example protein snacks-
*100 calorie pack kraft cheeses cubes=100 cal
*20 natural almonds=160 cal
*pack of plain oatmeal with berries and cinnamon=120 cal
*cup of cottage cheese w/berries=160 cal
*apple with 1 T peanut butter=150
*glass skim/1%milk with choc syup=100 cal
*greek yogurt-nonfat=120 cal
*hard boiled egg=50 cal