Here are the two recipes I mentioned in class- hope you enjoy!
Ground Beef Tacos
1 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
2 T onion powder
1 T chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
3T tomato paste
1 package hard taco shells and /or Smart & Delicious whole grain fiber & flax corn tortillas
1. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Add all seasoning through the black pepper.
2. Whisk tomato paste with 1/3 cup water. Add to skillet and cook until thickened (2 min)I added another tablespoon of tomato paste
3. Heat taco /tortillas in oven or microwave and fill with beef filling. Serve with spinach, tomatoes, avocado if desired.
1 egg, 1 egg white
2 slice Ezekial bread (low sodium)
1 wedge Laughing Cow sun dried tomato and basil cheese
roasted veggies ( I used red pepper, zuchini, broccoli, mushrooms and prepared on Sunday)
1. Spray non stick spray in skillet
2. whisk the eggs with 1/4 cup water or a little less, and pour into skillet
3. When eggs start to get firm, fold in the vegetables
4. Spread the cheese on the toasted slices of bread
5. Add the eggs to make a sandwich. This sandwich is high in protein and contains complex carbs that will give you lasting energy and keep you full until your snack before lunch!